The Last Old Midnight Spookshow

 

Some Stories take longer to tell than others. It was over 15 years ago, my first day of college. I had a lot of time between classes so I went to the library to relax. Left alone with my thoughts, the idea suddenly hit me. I felt inspired to jot down several titles for possible short horror stories in the vein of Creepshow/Tales from the Crypt.



One of the first titles I write down: The Last Old Midnight Spookshow. Now the idea was different then, much simpler in scope. But the core of it, a failing theater doing one final show late at night, was always there. 



I held onto those early story ideas for years, reiterating on them every now and then. It was only last year I finally felt confident enough to try and take a crack at the idea again. This time I wanted to go with something a bit more anthology-like in it's structure. I think doing this is what lead me to wanting to do something similar with this year's Bone Boy Billy Halloween special. It was really fun coming up with different plot beats set to horror movie ideas.



While there's a lot of inspirations going on here, I think the biggest inspiration comes from the amazing film Demons. Where a theater is quickly overtaken by people getting possessed and tearing each other apart. Demons is a wild movie and there's a lot of it's DNA in this comic. I had so much fun making this dream of an idea come true.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One-Page Horror Comics, 2024-2025

Why My Dog is the Best